You don’t need a green thumb, just a helping hand!
*Volunteers needed year round*
Coordinator: Sarah Lauerman, email@example.com
Volunteer opportunities include working on any of the following:
Daily Garden Maintenance
Commitment: Maintenance can incorporate a range of volunteer opportunities from
daily, short visits (watering) to 6-hour work days (and anything in between). Often
flexible and childcare sometimes provided. Opportunities include:
- Turning compost/preparing garden beds – Sign Up Online
- At-home seedling/plant care
Commitment: 1-2 hours, times vary (typically between 8:30-11:30am). Volunteer hours from options 1, 2 and 3 (below) go towards your in-class volunteer commitment. Opportunities include:
- Assist Master Gardener, Mary Ann Harris, in special garden-based lessons (all grades).
- Lead or assist simple garden projects with the support of the garden committee (approx. 1-2 hrs).
- Lead or assist in making recipes related to garden projects/lessons (approx. 1 hr).
- Collect/organize materials needed for garden projects (time commitment flexible / can be done from home).
Research Garden-based Curriculum
Commitment: Can be done from home. Home computer and internet connection often required. Hours are flexible. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Search the internet and other resources for new curriculum-based garden/outdoor projects (all grades).
- Organize/update garden project binders.
- Search for new resources to enhance learning through the gardens
Please contact Sarah Lauerman (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions or to sign up to help with the Garden Committee.