Choosing an elementary school is a very important decision that requires considerable thought and research. Healthy Learning Academy has established a reputation for excellence and our program is in high demand. The following procedures have been put in place to ensure a fair and impartial selection process.
Families interested in enrolling a student are encouraged to tour and learn more about the school. These tours are scheduled on a monthly basis and a staff member will be available to answer general questions about the school and curriculum. A pre-enrollment form must be submitted to begin the enrollment process. Students enrolling mid-year will be admitted on a first-come, first-serve basis upon completion of the enrollment process, provided there is an opening in the student’s grade level.
Since the number of new students applying for admission at the beginning of the academic year may exceed the positions available in a particular grade level, a random selection process (lottery) will be used to determine enrollment. Students who are not initially selected will be given the opportunity to be placed on a waiting list and notified if a position becomes available. Siblings of students currently in attendance receive enrollment priority status for all grade levels, if a position is available.
The lottery for kindergarten will be held in March. To participate in the lottery, prospective students must submit a completed application packet prior to March 1st or they will be added to the waiting list.
New Student Enrollment Process:
Students will be eligible to enroll or to enter the lottery once the following steps have been completed:
- A completed pre-enrollment form has been returned.
- A tour of the school has been taken and a completed application has been returned.
- Parents and child have attended a meeting with a faculty team, which may include a student skills assessment.
- A completed and signed school/parent/student compact has been returned.
- Parents of transferring students will be required to provide copies of most recent report card, assessment data, I.E.P. or 504 Plan, and student’s conduct records with application.
- Grade placement of previously home-schooled students will be based on a School Board of Alachua County approved assessment model.
Currently enrolled students who intend to return for the following academic year must submit an intent-to-return form prior to March 1st. Currently enrolled students who have not submitted the form by March 1st will not be automatically enrolled for the following academic year and may be required to re-apply for admission. Re-applying students may be denied admission or placed on the waiting list if there are no positions available in the student’s grade.
Continued student enrollment for the following year is based on full compliance with all Parent Compact requirements (including volunteer hours, Parent Night attendance, and student attendance).
If you have any additional questions about enrollment please contact the school secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the school.